X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colt45sa
    replied
    Originally posted by colt45sa View Post
    Were you looking for us to give you all the numbers from a '2219S'. I can help you with the number off the top of the air horn. I'll have to dig one out if so.
    The number on the top of the air horn on my '55 President State Coupe is 6-1004 in a circle. My car is an untouched original with 67,250 miles on the odometer.

Leave a comment:

• colt45sa
    replied
    Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
    Well, barring any other way to Identify it, I guess I'm going to have to tear it down and check each and every part number...
    Were you looking for us to give you all the numbers from a '2219S'. I can help you with the number off the top of the air horn. I'll have to dig one out if so.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by altair View Post
    I have two early aluminum four barrels (Carters) and one has the ident number stamped on the base close to the fire wall and the other has the ident stamped on the base close to the radiator.
    So those are Carter AFB's and not WCFB's then, that is the difference.

They learned on Newer Carbs, that the Tags used on the WCFB's got lost.

Leave a comment:

• altair
    replied
    I have two early aluminum four barrels (Carters) and one has the ident number stamped on the base close to the fire wall and the other has the ident stamped on the base close to the radiator.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by 345 DeSoto View Post
    Well, barring any other way to Identify it, I guess I'm going to have to tear it down and check each and every part number...
    The easy way is to buy the Universal WCFB Rebuild Kit, clean it, rebuild it and don't worry what Model it is.
    Wouldn't it likely be the correct model shown in the '55-'58 Chassis Parts Catalog for a 1956 Stude. ?

Leave a comment:

• Dwain G.
    replied
    Some sources say the model number is stamped under carb. base.

This list of air horn casting nos. may help identify the carb. model. The no. on mine is stamped inside a circle at left rear of carb top, and it does correspond to the tag no.
    https://www.carburetor-parts.com/Car...al_ep_313.html

Leave a comment:

• BILT4ME
    replied
    I think there are casting numbers in the back of the carb, nearest the firewall. I had to use a mirror to find any numbers on mine. Mine is also from a 55 Champion (or Commander) I bought a rebuild kit thru Studebaker International and it is universal, as it has every gasket needed and some you don't.

Leave a comment:

• 345 DeSoto
    replied

Leave a comment:

• colt45sa
    replied
    WCFB ID tag

The '2219S' you are looking for appears on the triangular brass tag the is/was attached to the rear corner driver's side of the carb with the screw that holds the air horn to the body/bowls of the carb. Click image for larger version

Name:	WCFB carb tag.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1704869 There is a guy on Ebay who sells these tags and will imprint any code you want on them. This is him. http://www.ebay.com/itm/251739819490...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT You will need to tell him the date your '55 was built do he can put the right date code on it.
    Last edited by colt45sa; 04-21-2016, 06:06 AM. Reason: added information

Leave a comment:

• 345 DeSoto
    started a topic Fuel System: Wcfb 2219s

Wcfb 2219s

Where do I find the carburetor ID number in my WCFB carburetor?
Working...
X