Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leonard
    replied
    hey guys this is a up date,i received the power steering cover and fill cap,i installed it and works beautifully and now it is easy to check the power steering fluid. thanks for the tip. leonard

Leave a comment:

• leonard
    replied
    I ordered the power steering pump top,the filler cap and gaskets,i guessed at the diameter of the top at 4 3/4 , if it is 2 small I'm sure a parts store will have the right size. I only hop that gets here before the thermostat gets here. I want to put it before I fill the cooling system, I figured the thermostat was my problem with empted my radiator. must have had another senior moment. leonard

Leave a comment:

• leonard
    replied
    thank you one and all. leonard

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
    If you install a Ford power steering pump lid , you and check the level much easier
    Ford used the same Eaton power steering pump but it has a fill cap.

http://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_th...1&y=8&cat=2511

Robert Kapteyn
    Yep, I have used them for at least 20 years now. Just too handy not to use, whether "correct" or not.

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    Yep and NPD, CJ Pony and others have them also. If you look through the different Ford applications you can even find one with a "filler neck" if you have room to clear it. They all are the same diameter, and the hold down post is the same.

Leave a comment:

• leonard
    replied
    are you sure this will fit my power steering pump top? 64 cruiser 289 v/8. thank you.

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
    If you install a Ford power steering pump lid , you and check the level much easier

Robert Kapteyn
    That is what my brother used on his truck. It is much easier than removing the lid each time. I believe the chrome is stock too.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied

Robert Kapteyn

Leave a comment:

• leonard
    replied
    thank you doofus,what type of power steering fluid do you recommend? again thank you leonard.

Leave a comment:

• doofus
    replied
    I had the same problem, remove lid bolt and slide lid sideways while holding hose up slightly. luck Doofus

Leave a comment:

• leonard
    started a topic Steering: power steering

power steering

how do I check the level of my power steering fluid? I see the container but the radiator hose is mounted on the top of the fluid container. this a 64 cruiser 289 v/8. thanks in advance.
Working...
X