Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karterfred88
    replied
    Follow the link--suggest calling before 4PM EDT http://www.studebaker-info.org/vendo...tbow0513b.html

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    replied
    Originally posted by unclemiltie View Post
    This carb was also used on some Studebaker trucks but these where set up for manual choke instead of automatic choke like your car is. 50 commanders are fun and unique cars which should provide you with lots of fun times

these carbs are not the easiest to find but are available. Some 17a cars were also equipped with carter we carbs based on serial numbers. These carbs are easier to find I prefer the stromberg as I have had both.

One of of our vendors Dave Thibault in Mass. Does a great job of rebuilding both the carbs and fuel pumps on these cars
    That's great news guys now how would I get in contact with Dave Thibault.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    And Dave often has rebuilt carbs on the shelf, ready to ship. Worth checking.

Leave a comment:

• unclemiltie
    replied
    This carb was also used on some Studebaker trucks but these where set up for manual choke instead of automatic choke like your car is. 50 commanders are fun and unique cars which should provide you with lots of fun times

these carbs are not the easiest to find but are available. Some 17a cars were also equipped with carter we carbs based on serial numbers. These carbs are easier to find I prefer the stromberg as I have had both.

One of of our vendors Dave Thibault in Mass. Does a great job of rebuilding both the carbs and fuel pumps on these cars

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    The Stromberg BXOV-26's for other Makes most likely have different Linkage connections and Locations, so if they are for Studebakers, most years should work fine.

Leave a comment:

• Timothy
    started a topic Fuel System: Stromberg carb

Stromberg carb

I have inherited a 1950 Commander 6 cyl and need a carb. The manual calls for a Stromberg BXOV-26. In searching for one I see them for many different models. My car is a 17A. Are they that unique or will most BXOV-26 carbs interchange. I'm new owner looking to get running so thanks for any detail that could be explained.
Working...
X