Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52-fan
    replied
    My 52 Commander came to me with a 2002 Sonoma/S-10 rear end. It has a 3:42 gear and limited slip. The only issue is the different bolt pattern, but yours would match. It is a bit narrower than stock allowing a little more tire clearance.

Leave a comment:

• 48skyliner
    replied
    Have you read this thread? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...g-II-front-end

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    I agree with the thought of a complete S10 swap.
    The end goal is to take a Stude that was never going to make it back on the road, and get it back on the road.

There have been quite a few successful S10 swaps done.
    The S10 frame is easy to stretch or shorten (when compared to other frames).
    And, if your donor S10 is nicely optioned, a lot of that can be retained.

As far as bolt patterns go... If you get a set of Wheel Vintique wheels, you can get multiple pattern stud holes.

Leave a comment:

• karterfred88
    replied
    Originally posted by mainmansam View Post
    I bought a 50 Commander Starlite and am having a S10 front clip put on. What would be a good mate for a rear end that would support the same wheels and tire sizes It will sport a 350 and a 700r transmission. Thanks for your advice in advance.
    Might as well keep it Chevy, makes the wheels easier. Why not a whole S10 frame modified to fit--use a 98 up rear (8.75) should be strong enough and will be right width or close. All the Stude rears that fit will be tapered hub axle type Dana 44s. Might find a 9" Ford from a Mustang, Comet or Falcon but they are getting scarce, or a 8.8 (31 spline axle) from a late Ranger or Explorer that will be close enough (58 to 60 hub to hub) but then you have the wheel pattern problem again.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Most all brand axle flanges and drums/rotors can be drilled for any bolt pattern...
    Just pick an axle you think you'll like and make the axles fit your wheels.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    Why not use the S-10 rear end also?

Leave a comment:

• mainmansam
    started a topic Rear Axle: rear end preference

rear end preference

I bought a 50 Commander Starlite and am having a S10 front clip put on. What would be a good mate for a rear end that would support the same wheels and tire sizes It will sport a 350 and a 700r transmission. Thanks for your advice in advance.
Working...
X