X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    Originally posted by 61LaRk4dr View Post
    Good information, how much to you sell the upper and lower hose for? I know that a universal flex hose is probably the most affordable, but I am picky and am restoring this car for shows.
    Private Message sent...

Leave a comment:

• paul shuffleburg
    replied
    SI has molded hoses. $22.00 for the upper and $22.50 for the lower.
    Page 193 in the last catalog.

Leave a comment:

• 61LaRk4dr
    replied
    Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
    First of all, they are not at all the same as 259/289. And, speaking of that...there are different hoses that fit Hawks vs. Sedans/Larks, '53 - '55, '56 - '57, '58 - '60, and '61 - '64. Yes, there are some aftermarket hoses that fit some of these later applications, but the average owner is going to be better served by buying from an established Studebaker parts dealer. I stock quite a few part numbers of radiator hoses, but I don't myself stock '51 - '52 232" hoses. When I do need them, I can get them from my wholesaler.
    Good information, how much to you sell the upper and lower hose for? I know that a universal flex hose is probably the most affordable, but I am picky and am restoring this car for shows.

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    First of all, they are not at all the same as 259/289. And, speaking of that...there are different hoses that fit Hawks vs. Sedans/Larks, '53 - '55, '56 - '57, '58 - '60, and '61 - '64. Yes, there are some aftermarket hoses that fit some of these later applications, but the average owner is going to be better served by buying from an established Studebaker parts dealer. I stock quite a few part numbers of radiator hoses, but I don't myself stock '51 - '52 232" hoses. When I do need them, I can get them from my wholesaler.

Leave a comment:

• 61LaRk4dr
    started a topic Engine: Radiator Hose Part Numbers

Radiator Hose Part Numbers

Hello,

Does anyone know the Gates brand part numbers for the upper and lower molded radiator hoses for a 1951 232 V-8 engine? I would imagine these are the same hose used on the 259 and 289 as well? I am trying to educate the local auto parts store on the availability of these hoses. Anytime I mention Studebaker, I get the look of death.....
Working...
X