X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bezhawk - lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
      I'm going to ask a dumb question: Are you sure the tranny isn't holding you back somehow? I'm a little confused on the whole "Every time I hit the remote start, the tip of the fan moves forward about a 1/16 of an inch or so, then moves back to where it was." The fan shouldn't move at all if the engine is actually stuck.....

I'm thinking pull the starter and rock that engine back and forth with a prybar on the flywheel teeth..... Make sure the tranny is not what's stuck as well...
      OR there isn't a critter home in the bell-housing......
      Sounds to me like one or more pistons are stuck. The crank will move a tiny amount as force form the starter takes up the clearance in the main and rod bearings.
      Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
        A self proclaimed flipper here used to brag about getting pistons unstuck with Kroil, a block of wood and a BFH. He did not drive them, just flipped them.

If you get yours broke loose, you can flip it too
        Kroil is GREAT and we've used it successfully every time. I've read numerous posts about the 50%/50% mix of acetone and atf and would certainly give it a try. Kano Labs offers deals on Kroil all the time and everyone needs to keep some in the garage as well. I/we would also highly recommend their Kreen for fuel systems and for keeping engines sludge free.

Comment

Originally posted by gordr View Post
          Sounds to me like one or more pistons are stuck. The crank will move a tiny amount as force form the starter takes up the clearance in the main and rod bearings.
          Agree with Gord; stuck pistons will allow that slight crank movement.

then try bumping it again. it just might be a stuck valve you're dealing with and if it's stuck you could end up with a hole in a piston if it hits.l
          IIRC, the Stude V8 is not an interference engine.

I'll cut a wood block and start on the 5 non-leaking pistons...
          While solvent leaking is an indicator, it's not proof the rings aren't rusted to the cylinders at some points in their circumference. Play Whack-A-Mole until they all move.

jack vines
          PackardV8

Comment

Working...
          X