Lug Bolt Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Axle / Front Suspension: Lug Bolt Replacement

The 58 truck I'm working on has some busted lugs. Does any one know the part# and procedure for replacing them?
    I'm sure it's not just a press-out and back in, as I've seen the procedure here somewhere before, but I just can't find it through the search....

I'll need the part# as well if someone has that. I think the parts book has it as 523702.

I haven't found the SI number yet or another replacement type either.
    Last edited by Mrs K Corbin; 04-12-2016, 11:31 AM.

Try http://www.studebakerparts.com/stude...?product=whl2& or

Comment

Place the drum in a hydraulic press support around the lug with a large socket and press out. To install start the lug in the hole and tighten the nut with an air tool, as it tightens up you will run out of thread remove the nut and place some washers on the lug and continue tightening until it is home. They can be pressed in with the hydraulic press also.

Comment

If the lug studs have been swedged, (expanded at the drum face to secure the stud) you need to grind that extra metal off before pressing the stud out or the drum could be damaged.
        Originally posted by altair View Post
        Place the drum in a hydraulic press support around the lug with a large socket and press out. To install start the lug in the hole and tighten the nut with an air tool, as it tightens up you will run out of thread remove the nut and place some washers on the lug and continue tightening until it is home. They can be pressed in with the hydraulic press also.
        sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
        1950 Champion Convertible
        1950 Champion 4Dr
        1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
        1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Working...
        X