Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Original fan belt

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
    Are you looking for an "original" "Studebaker" "NOS" belt ?
    Not a replacement belt that is non cogged ?
    Appears so as the replacement new manufacture belt link didn't get a response.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by 55 56 PREZ 4D View Post
      Are you looking for an "original" "Studebaker" "NOS" belt ?
      Not a replacement belt that is non cogged ?
      Yes I would like that
      1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

      Ken Byrd
      Lewisville,NC

      Comment


      • #18
        Non-automotive v-belts are readily available without the cogs at hardware stores, but may not be black in color (I've seen them in hues of green and tan). I have however seen black non-cogged v-belts at farm implement and lawn mower dealerships.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

        Comment


        • #19
          I have a handful of NOS Studebaker belts, what is the part number you are looking for?
          Dan Peterson
          Montpelier, VT
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
          1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

          Comment


          • #20
            So far, 2 requests for a part number from you.
            How bout a little help here.
            South Lompoc Studebaker

            Comment


            • #21
              where do I get a part number ?
              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

              Ken Byrd
              Lewisville,NC

              Comment


              • #22
                The 59-64 chassis parts book, or its copy on CD.
                Skip Lackie

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                  The 59-64 chassis parts book, or its copy on CD.
                  The part number I need is 529374
                  1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

                  Ken Byrd
                  Lewisville,NC

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We have several N.O.S. 529374 belts.

                    Chris.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
                      Robert,
                      Did You ever look for a belt for me ?
                      Ken
                      Today I dragged 4 boxes of belts out of the warehouse, approx 100.
                      There were 6 original belts with Studebaker sleeves.
                      These are more original belts in the pile without sleeves
                      I do not have the 185745 Jerry asked about.
                      It will be awhile before I have these inventoried.
                      I have to rely on friends to help me inventory these.
                      I had a stroke last year and can not do much by myself.
                      Bought the parts inventories of 29 former Studebaker dealers as a retirement project.
                      My son owned a 38.000 sq/ft warehouse where we keep all this stuff.
                      Me being a hoarder , I will be busy sorting this for a long time yet.
                      I will have to live 40 more years till 120 to finish this.
                      In the last 6 month I bought more stuff from a garage that specialized in Studebakers in Maywood Illinois.
                      Every dealer stocked fan belts and I just have to get it inventoried.
                      Robert Kapteyn

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                        Ken
                        Today I dragged 4 boxes of belts out of the warehouse, approx 100.
                        There were 6 original belts with Studebaker sleeves.
                        These are more original belts in the pile without sleeves
                        I do not have the 185745 Jerry asked about.
                        It will be awhile before I have these inventoried.
                        I have to rely on friends to help me inventory these.
                        I had a stroke last year and can not do much by myself.
                        Bought the parts inventories of 29 former Studebaker dealers as a retirement project.
                        My son owned a 38.000 sq/ft warehouse where we keep all this stuff.
                        Me being a hoarder , I will be busy sorting this for a long time yet.
                        I will have to live 40 more years till 120 to finish this.
                        In the last 6 month I bought more stuff from a garage that specialized in Studebakers in Maywood Illinois.
                        Every dealer stocked fan belts and I just have to get it inventoried.
                        Robert Kapteyn
                        Thanks for the effort.
                        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

                        Ken Byrd
                        Lewisville,NC

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Wow that IS picky! I would think the AACA would be more concerned about the incorrect Tail dragger stance and the aftermarket Wheels than little things like a Fan Belt.

                          Do they check for correct Battery Cables?
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Correct Wheels

                            Guess You have not been paying attention.
                            Attached Files
                            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

                            Ken Byrd
                            Lewisville,NC

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              That is one handsome Hawk! As original as it looks...a true "time" machine.
                              John Clary
                              Greer, SC

                              SDC member since 1975

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by blackhawk61 View Post
                                Guess You have not been paying attention.
                                That is a very Good improvement, but It's still dragging it's Tail.
                                Last edited by StudeRich; 04-22-2016, 06:28 PM.
                                StudeRich
                                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X