Update..Fuel Sending unit 6 volt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: Update..Fuel Sending unit 6 volt

So my sending unit is fine, it is my gas gauge that has a post pulled off. I've read some where that some people rebuild the senders and gauges ? Is this true? Any info would be great....

I'd try for a NOS replacement first, people that rebuild gauges are out there, but cost is high relative to a new gauge if you can find one. Try contacting Bob http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...?1010-rkapteyn, he may have or know of one. Others will chime in with vendors they have had luck with on gauge repairs, if you can't locate a replacement. Also I would suggest you edit you post title, to something like "1940 Commander gas gauge needed" you'll get more responses that will be useful.
    Last edited by karterfred88; 04-11-2016, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karterfred88 View Post
      I'd try for a NOS replacement first, people that rebuild gauges are out there, but cost is high relative to a new gauge if you can find one. Try contacting Bob http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...?1010-rkapteyn, he may have or know of one. Others will chime in with vendors they have had luck with on gauge repairs, if you can't locate a replacement. Also I would suggest you edit you post title, to something like "1940 Commander gas gauge needed" you'll get more responses that will be useful.

Thanks for your input, I'm having a hard time finding a replacement fuel sender. I found a gauge last night in eBay.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmcghee1024 View Post
        Thanks for your input, I'm having a hard time finding a replacement fuel sender. I found a gauge last night in eBay.
        Try Bob-he's slow to respond but has the largest NOS stash. Use the private message function and use the part number for reference. You can call SI and they might have one somewhere-but you have to call them.
        You said the sender tested good-no? To access the PM section, click on "notifications"-send a new message, or click on the link and use the option to send a PM.. good luck.
        or you can try regular e-mail for Bob--I think it's still good studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
        X