Intake manifold gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Intake manifold gaskets

Looking for a supplier of intake manifold gaskets for Studebaker 289 that block off the cross-over passage

http://www.studebakervendors.com/
    Here is a start for you to look.
    I'm sure others will be on shortly to guide you.
    South Lompoc Studebaker

Comment

Studebaker International will have what ever you need and if not in their catalog they'll tell you who may have them. It's the best 5 bucks you'll spend in in the hobby.

Comment

They do exist, SI has them.

Comment

I got a set from Phil Harris, we used them on Al Basile's 64 Avanti. Lou Cote

Comment

I sell an intake installation kit that consists of a pair of composite gaskets (no hole in heat crossover),
            A pair of stainless steel plates (very thin. To prevent burn through of the intake gaskets)
            A heat insulating AFB carb mount gasket.
            Four stainless steel carb mount studs and nuts.

Send me a PM for details..
            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Original NOS Studebaker embossed metal intake gaskets are still probably best to use....but they can't be reused as the paper gaskets can, that is, if the paper gaskets aren't too deteriorated or torn.

Comment

Originally posted by PDQ View Post
                Looking for a supplier of intake manifold gaskets for Studebaker 289 that block off the cross-over passage
                Myer Studebaker sells them.

Comment

Do not use the composite gaskets!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...skets-are-best.
                  Some venders sell steel gaskets that are advertised as being for the R2 engines but are standard gaskets with the center not blocked of.
                  Robert Kapteyn

Comment

Bob,
                    That is not a good answer.
                    There are hundreds....thousands of Studebakers running around with composite intake gaskets.
                    The OP asked a question, and got an answer.
                    Steel gaskets are best used on an original engine that has not been decked, had heads milled, or had heads swapped through out the years.
                    To condemn good quality composite gaskets is more of an opinion than anything else.
                    To put comments about other vendors (when it is not germane to the OP question) is just instilling confusion to the thread.
                    Your putting the link in there is a good thing.
                    Quality information is great. Let the OP decide on his purchase decision.

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                    Do not use the composite gaskets!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...skets-are-best.
                    Some venders sell steel gaskets that are advertised as being for the R2 engines but are standard gaskets with the center not blocked of.
                    Robert Kapteyn
                    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

I agree with Bob, if you have a choice, definitely go with steel on the intake gaskets!

Comment

The Myer product is composite outer and thin steel inner. Crossover is blocked off completely on one gasket, small hole on other for heat tube.
                        I used thin steel plates glued in as well, both sides, and removed the heat tube as it was no longer applicable with Edelbrock, electric choke, and Oz climate.
                        So far so good, no issues with fuel vapour Price from Myer was about $14 a set.

Comment

Working...
                        X