Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

2R5 Sending Unit Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: 2R5 Sending Unit Options

Does anyone know what the difference is between fuel sender part numbers 674041 and 680018 which are shown in the parts manual for the fuel gage sender for a 1949 2R5 truck? Also, SI offers sender part number 678026 which is shown in the parts manual as being for 2R16A and 2R17A side mount tanks. Does anyone know what would need to be changed to make this sender useable in a 1949 2R5 tank?

I so not know if my truck is early or late. It has the 2 wire sender. I use 12V electrics with a converter for the 6V gage.

Thanks

The one you need is 674041 2 wire terminal. The 680018 is 1 wire terminal. No way to make the later work correctly without changing wiring harness. The 678026 is 2 wire but, configured for a shallower tank, as the arm is about 1 1/2" - 2 " shorter and the arm is bent for clearance and operating purposes. It would give you a false reading for both full and empty, unless you extended the arm.

Why don't you just buy the correct one you need?
    Bo

Comment

Thanks for your answer. I will buy the correct one. I thought the question was worth asking because of the $40 price difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Crandall View Post
        Thanks for your answer. I will buy the correct one. I thought the question was worth asking because of the $40 price difference.
        You have found a vendor with the 674041 unit? SI doesn't have them.
        Bo

Comment

I have not. I based my price difference on the more expensive ones that are listed. I am in no rush to buy one.

Comment

I bet Bo has several on his shelves
            Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
            1961 Hawk 4-speed
            1967 Avanti
            1961 Lark 2 door
            1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I was looking for something else, and found this in a stash. https://www.ebay.com/itm/302999807960

Comment

Working...
              X