No announcement yet.

Plastic floats on new sending units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a Moeller unit to use in my 64 wagonaire, haven't received it yet. To make it work should it be modified to match bends and length of the old original one or just modified to get the right range of motion to match depth of tank?

Comment

Originally posted by rbigcal View Post
      I ordered a Moeller unit to use in my 64 wagonaire, haven't received it yet. To make it work should it be modified to match bends and length of the old original one or just modified to get the right range of motion to match depth of tank?
      No need to have the same bends as the original, the sender won't care how the wire is shaped. Normally you simply cut the wire to a length that give you the up and down travel (full to empty) to fit the height of your tank. You just have to make sure that the float is within an inch or so from the bottom and registers full when the tank is full (or when the float is raised as high as it will go in the tank). If you measure the depth of your tank it makes it pretty easy and that's the distance the float should travel. But in the end you want to know when you're getting low on gas .

PS - When I installed my Moeller a couple of weeks ago I couldn't get it to work correctly with the dash gauge (59 Silver Hawk) even though the dash gauge functioned properly when tested. I had to send the gauge and the sender off to be calibrated. It should be back in a few weeks.

Treblig

Comment

Working...
      X