No announcement yet.

53 Hardtop in Alvin TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a lucky find, and I'm sure glad you want to restore it back to original condition.
    Someday I'd like to find a nice 1953, and it doesn't matter if it's the Champion or the Commander, as I like them both in stock form. I do prefer the overdrive over an automatic though. When I was 17 I missed out on my neighbor's 1953 Commander because I assumed he wanted way more than I could afford, so I didn't even ask the price. He sold that beautiful car a couple days after I looked at it, for only $35. Even in 1964 that was a crazy price for such a nice car.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]52872[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52873[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52874[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52875[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52876[/ATTACH]No label in the glove box. I am guessing ivory mist lower body with coral red top. Look at the first pic, and you can see the original colors where the chrome strip was between top and bottom.
      I plan to join the Studebaker National Museum. Is that where I can request a print out of the original features to my car?

Here are some pics, starting with the painted area I mentioned.
      I see no pics. This has happened on a couple of other threads since the forum "reboot."
      I'm using an Android tablet. Anyone having an issue?
      Mike Davis
      Regional Manager, North Carolina
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        That depends on where and when your car was assembled.

NO 1953 would have been assembled with the combination (front and rear) that you pictured.
        I thought we learned long ago, not to discount any possible concoction that Studebaker may or may not have produced. Haven't they been notorious for doing things slightly off kilter from the norm throughout their history?
        Besides, who knows what the line foreman may have had spiked in his lunch that day???
        sals54

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
          I thought we learned long ago, not to discount any possible concoction that Studebaker may or may not have produced. Haven't they been notorious for doing things slightly off kilter from the norm throughout their history?
          Besides, who knows what the line foreman may have had spiked in his lunch that day???
          Please note that the front and rear pictures used to show the emblems/trim are of two different cars. It is not one car with the two different styles/types of emblems/trim. The front and rear of the two example cars are probably correct for that particular car. My point was that that combination would not be correct on one car.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
          X