No announcement yet.

WCFB Butterflies Opening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: WCFB Butterflies Opening?

I have been doing some final adjustments to my linkages. Today I was working on the throttle. I couldn't find a procedure in the manual that gave measurements so I was just trying to set it where I would fully open the butterflies and hit the kick down switch before the pedal hit the floor. With the pedal linkage disconnected from the card, I was operating the throttle by hand while looking down the throat of the carb. I realized that when the carb linkage hit the stop, the primary butterflies were not fully open (not at 90 degrees). The butterflies looked to be at about a 60 or 70 degree angle when the linkage hit the stop.

Is this normal for a WCFB? The only four barrel I have experience with is a Holley and the primary butterflies on it will fully open.
    Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Yes the WCFB Secondaries Open at Partial Primary Throttle.
    The Primaries should fully Open when the Secondaries do I believe.

The reason most Secondaries do not open at all, is the Choke Lockout Lever Spring is broken, weak, disconnected or missing. They are not supposed to open until the carb. warms enough to fully release the Fast Idle and Choke.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Thanks Rich. I was hoping this was normal operation. It was just different from what I was used to so I thought I should ask to be sure.
      Wayne
      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X