Tail lamp harness routing on a 1950 Land Cruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Tail lamp harness routing on a 1950 Land Cruiser

Greetings all...the York Meet is just around the corner...looking forward to dropping in if my schedule allows.

I am busy getting lots of little things done on my 1950 Land Cruiser project.

I am looking at the tail lamp/ rear body harness, and want to get the location of it correct from the cowl on back. It is currently attached to the wiring block on the cowl, and is routed down to the inside of the left frame rail.

I had the frame powder coated, which erased all traces of routings, and my images aren't as thorough as I would have liked on the chassis...

Is there anybody who can lend me some assistance in how it routes to the back, for example, above or below the master cylinder, if and where it enters the rear trunk, etc.? Thank you...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2428.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	1750468Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2425.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	1750469
    Attached Files

Wiring harness routing

That's the route the harness on my 1950 Champion takes, using clips along the way to secure the harness and keep it from being braided or impinged by between the frame and body. Stays along the driver's side all the way to the rear, with a branch to the fuels tank, trunk area and then across to the right side for tail and stop lights. Seem to recall, without looking, that there is a whole near the left tail light to route wires into the trunk for the license plate light and trunk light, if installed. Be sure to use grommets when passing through the body or frame. Don

Originally posted by Scotty Bob View Post
    Greetings all...the York Meet is just around the corner...looking forward to dropping in if my schedule allows.

I am busy getting lots of little things done on my 1950 Land Cruiser project.

I am looking at the tail lamp/ rear body harness, and want to get the location of it correct from the cowl on back. It is currently attached to the wiring block on the cowl, and is routed down to the inside of the left frame rail.

I had the frame powder coated, which erased all traces of routings, and my images aren't as thorough as I would have liked on the chassis...

Is there anybody who can lend me some assistance in how it routes to the back, for example, above or below the master cylinder, if and where it enters the rear trunk, etc.? Thank you...
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]51812[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]51813[/ATTACH]

Comment

You should find small holes in the frame that accept clips. These particular clips hold both the wiring harness and the rear brake line.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks for the help...I think that I even have the proper clips where the harness runs through the clip and the brake line clips to a little area at the top...interesting how it all comes together...I will be going under the car this weekend...

Comment

Scotty, isn't your center bar on upside down? If the curve was down, then it would better show off the bullet nose.

Comment

Sorry for the slow reply...regarding the center bar being upside down...that is how I bought the car. Yes, it was upside down for almost the life of the vehicle...I have since removed it and stored it. It will not be going back on...that image was from 2009.

Comment

Working...
            X