Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

#7011 Halibrand wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: #7011 Halibrand wheels

I'm looking to replace the rims on my '56 Hawk and found these...

http://www.realrodderswheels.biz/

2 questions...

1) Has anyone used these? If so, what are your thoughts.

2) I have original rims, but I would prefer the wheels/tires to be wider. What size rims and tires would people here recommend?

Thanks.

There are several threads here about them, some one who is good with the search thingy can find them. People seem happy with the wheels.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

1 - No, I used American Racing Salt Flats with the painted centers - really like the look and also harken back to the era these wheels you posted do.

2 - I'm running 16x7 in the rear and 16x5.5 in the front - the fronts are fine, the rears, with the tires I have, are snug, but not rubbing, although I did have to roll my fender lips ever so slightly to ensure enough clearance. In fact, thinking of putting an 8.8" rear from a '90-92 4.0 Ranger in - they're about 1.5" narrower than stock - would give me just a wee bit more clearance on each side.
      -------------------
      Daddy always said, if yer gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough & I\'m one tough sumbiatch!

Comment

I have 15x6 Halibrand repops with 225/70x15's on my '63 hawk and love them. Knock off centers come separately.

Comment

Working...
        X