Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Will '55 front fenders work on a '53

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Will '55 front fenders work on a '53

I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of '55 C/K front fenders. Will these work on a '53 C/K? Thanks.
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

I would have no reason to think not. It may be necessary to drill some holes that weren't there or fill some holes that were but, I think that may also be moot.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Front airscoop under the bumper is the same but has two bracets to be removed , inner fenders and front boxes are different but the basis outer fenders are the same.
      Maybe someone wants to trade for 53's
      Look in the parts book and you will see differences.
      Robert Kapteyn
      Last edited by rkapteyn; 10-18-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Should have flown in to Reedsville yesterday!
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Howard, are these outer fenders only,or complete assemblies? outer fenders only = no problem with fit. assemblies = 55s air deflectors are different,and would need some cutting/welding and body work to make the change "but is doable"

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
          I have an opportunity to pick up a pair of '55 C/K front fenders. Will these work on a '53 C/K? Thanks.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

The center bolt hole where the fender bolts to the cowl is lower on the '53. On the '53 it's behind the fender vent assy. and almost impossible to access. On the '55 it's about 2" higher and much easier to get to.
            Jerry Forrester
            Forrester's Chrome
            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
            X