Thanks for the help - relief valve easily replaced-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: Thanks for the help - relief valve easily replaced-

Thanks to tips from several threads here about replacing the oil pressure relief valve, I now have a new valve and spring in my 289: Not knowing the history of the Hawk, it seemed wise from the advice just to do this cheap maintenance rather than wonder about it.
    -Harbor Freight telescoping magnet to tug out valve
    -Used dental pick donated free by my dentist to loosen valve
    -Drill bit to pull "gunk" our of valve bore

I'm kind of timid about which jobs I will tackle without my "son-the-mechanic"present to guide me or outright do the stuff. But with all the advice on this job, it turned out the hardest part was just breaking the bolt free from the block.

Thanks, everyone!

Paul
    I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Good to hear that things went well. You'll be more inclined to tackle the next job.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

hi just were is the relief valve located on 289? I'm curious.thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by leonard View Post
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yah, what Jeff showed you. Your fan belt and generator/alternator bracket might be a nuisance, but I didn't have to move either one.

Paul
          I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
          1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

Working...
          X