Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Front Clip, Spacer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Front Clip, Spacer Question

Reassembling a front clip on a 1965 Wagonaire. Using new old stock Studebaker fenders, inner fenders and headlamp panels. Reusing original radiator support.
    I now have a larger gap at top of fender on the cowl end than at the bottom edge of fender by rocker panel.
    Question...if I install more of the frame to radiator support spacer shims, will this close my top of fender gap?
    When I took the car apart a few years ago I noted it only had one shim per side and replaced them in their original positions. This was of course with the original sheet metal, all replaced now with new.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Thanks Warren! I got your message and will do as you suggest.
    Haven't been out to garage this week due family visits from Vermont followed by a wedding and a college graduation!
    Life happens! Thanks Warren and I'll get back to you with results, hope you feel better.
    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Working...
    X