Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

radio removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: radio removal

the radio in my 1964 cruiser does not work. how can I remove it, the ac is right below it.so I can not get my hand behind it to remove it. any one have any idea how to remove it.thanks in advance.

The Shaft Nuts hold it on the front behind the Knobs, but there is a brace in back to the Cowl with one Nut to remove and the Antenna Cable is on the right rear, Power and Speaker wire Plug on the left Rear.

You will have to drop the A/C Unit first.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

What Rich said. You don't have to disconnect any connections to drop the a/c unit -- just remove the nuts that attach it to the underside of the dashboard.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Check that your radio is getting power and antenna input before pulling the radio. I would hate for you to go through this due to a blown fuse.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

leonard, if your looking for an upgrade check out Retrosound through Crutchfield. It looks stock but has many high end features. The bezel from a 68 to 72 Chevelle works with a slight modification to the dash trim and the Ivory knobs are a great match to the stock switches.
          Gary

Comment

You may need to remove the heater/defroster plenum esp. if it's an FM with the extra heat sink in the back.
            Ron in PA.

Comment

Working...
            X