Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

62 vs 63 lark fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 62 vs 63 lark fenders

Hey, quick dumb question. I have a 63 wagonaire in need of front fenders. I found a 62 parts car, will the fenders work on the 63? Thanks

they're the same although the trim may mount different.
    Rob

Comment

The Mouldings and outer "Skin" are the same. The Inner Fender and behind the headlight "Baffle" Panel and interface to inner fender for Wagonaires/Convertibles vs Sedans may differ.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Hmmm I thought that the cowl was changed from the wrap around windshield to a curved windshield from 62 model year to 63 model year and the front fenders would not work. Was I given incorrect information?

Bob Miles
        Tucson AZ

Comment

The change in the cowl in '63 was at the rear, and confined to a change of the radius and juncture of the windshield.
          Even the latter '64-'66 fenders will bolt up to the earliest of Lark cowls, as has been done on several of the '59-'60 Lark sedan based T-cab pickups.
          (although there is a difference in height mismatch at the bottom rear of the fender where it joins the rocker panels, but not too difficult to modify)
          Last edited by Jessie J.; 04-24-2015, 05:42 PM.

Comment

It's likely the spot welded on "bracket" that Wagonaires,Ragtops use for the front end weights on the air deflectors.not sure of any other issues ?
            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
            The Mouldings and outer "Skin" are the same. The Inner Fender and behind the headlight "Baffle" Panel and interface to inner fender for Wagonaires/Convertibles vs Sedans may differ.
            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Working...
            X