Hill holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hill holder

Will a hill holder off of a 56 car fit a 55 pickup or a 51 . I have a hill holder off a 56 and trying to figure out my options.

The lines, brackets and linkage rods are all wrong, the No-Rol hydraulic unit itself may work.

You would need a complete set of the model specific hardware to copy, in order to make it work.

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'd say, if you can fashion a bracket to mount the HH to - plumb the line outta the MC to the HH and then onto the brake system - rig a rod (made from all-thread) from the clucth arm hole (there should be a hole already) to the HH lever, it'll work. The critical thing is that the HH unit is level with the frame and the rod is adjusted to work the HH lever as needed.
      Some HH units attach right to the end of the master cylinder and other's mount remotely. One that mounts to the rear of the MC saves making a bracket and a connecting line. Of course, it has to sit to where there's reasonable reach to the clutch pedal arm so the rod can work freely.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Some hill holders, including the hawks, mounted using the same two mounting bolts used for the master cylinder. The hill holder on these was parallel to the master cylinder on the other side of the frame rail.

Comment

Thank you very much! I have a 51 commander that has a hill holder but it unmoveable . I am afraid to try and take it apart because it is so rusted. The brakes work fine it is just that the hill holder does not and it will not move at all

Comment

SASCO still has some NOS HH units!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
            X