Please Help - Astra White Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Please Help - Astra White Formula

I need to touch up a few spots on my '64 GT Hawk. I found a place that sells aerosol spray cans but the don't have the formula for Astra White. Can anyone help me?

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/index1.htm

Thanks, Dan

That can be a tough one to match, I believe when we had it matched for the re-paint of my '64 Daytona my Son Mike found a closest match, VW Color that had both a touch of yellow and enough black to get the correct Gray/White Color.

I have seen a lot of '64-'65's that were poorly matched to a GM stark White/Refrigerator White, and just look wrong.

I would think a touch-up paint would be the hardest to do because a 1/2 a shade off, WILL show unless you have it professionally "blended" in.

That Website is interesting, only ONE Color out of only 4 '64 Colors is a correct '64 Color without seeing the finished product of course, and one Truck only Color, that's IT!

For a 1963 Stude. you get the Omaha Orange Truck color Again, and a Reef Blue, 1962 Color shown as Gray! That is it for '63, totally USELESS!
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-19-2015, 12:36 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I repainted a 64 a couple years ago and my DuPont store came up with a very close match for Astra white. I had some very old Astra which I compared on a board and I could not tell the difference I suggest you go to your local paint store with your car because if it was repainted it may not really be astra
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I just had some paint mixed to rehab my '64 GT. It crosses to a 1999 Volvo. I'll try and find the code if you can't. Good luck!
        Rob in PA.

Comment

Working...
        X