Paint codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint: Paint codes

Hi, I am having a tough time finding modern paint codes for my 1949 2R16A-55-C2. I have the production order, the original color was P-2193 Cherokee Red.
    I also need the Tusk Ivory code and the light brown interior codes. I used to have a body shop, but all my paint chip books only go back to 1959.
    Any help would be appreciated.

I bought some paint chips sheets from ebay that go from 1949 to 1953. would these help?

Comment

Hey, thanks for the fast reply. Does the chip sheet show Cherokee red or tusk ivory?

Comment

Cherokee red was a truck only color. It may or may not be on the car sheet.
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Not sure the old numbers would help you much, but it's Duco 93-24119-H. You may find it easier to take something with good paint to an auto paint retailer and have them scan it and mix matching paint.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

I show 93-24287-M Commanche Red for 1950, but I can't find my 1949 chips right now. Last spring I looked at a near mint 1950 Commander that had a repaint of Cmmanche Red on the outside only. It was a dead on perfect match to the original paint on the door jams. My chart says no mixing formula available for this color.

Comment

My 49 (Dupont) chips are cars only. No listing for a Cherokee Red.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I think if you call 1-800 DuPont and give them the Model year and paint code, they can give you a modern formula.

jim
                "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
                their Memorials!

Comment

This site has scans of the original color charts http://historicalcolorlibrary.axalta...pe=Studebacker

Heres a Cherokee Red with a note written next to it http://historicalcolorlibrary.axalta...cks&d-5309-p=3 (scroll to bottom and click on Studebaker)

Comment

Try this site. http://paintref.com/paintref/index.shtml

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies. I have a great starting point now!

Comment

There is a page of truck paint chips for sale on ebay right now that includes Cherokee Red. Even if you don't want to buy it, you can read the Dupont number off the photo. It's the same number I provided above in post #5.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-1951-19...b29c69&vxp=mtr
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

I just painted my 54 3R38 Cherokee Red last month. The Dupont number is RS548. The Nason number ( Advanced Auto) is RS5481B. It really is a beautiful color. I have yet to find anything on the Tusk Ivory. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by professor marvel View Post
                            i just painted my 54 3r38 cherokee red last month. The dupont number is rs548. The nason number ( advanced auto) is rs5481b. It really is a beautiful color. I have yet to find anything on the tusk ivory. Help!
                            pictures

Comment

Working...
                            X