Motor/Tranny mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor/Tranny mounts

Where can I find a set or all of the individual motor mounts for my 57 silver hawk? Its a 289 with a flight o matic tranny.

Is there a web site or will an auto parts store like Napa be able to find them?

Also I will be replacing my tapered axles with flanged axles soon. Is there any tips or tricks I should know before I take on this project?

Thanks

-Kenny

Try www.studebaker-intl.com for the mounts. I am sure some of the other Stude vendors may also have them.

I can't help with the axles though. If you try a search, it may yield something ...

========================
    63 Avanti R2, 4-Speed, 3.73 TT
    Martinez, CA

Comment

Only Studebaker vendors will have the mounts you need. Go to studevendors.com The flanged axle kit will come with easy to understand instructions. The only major issue is the backing plates have to have the center hole enlarged for the bearing on the new axles to pass through.I had a machine shop do mine.Fairborn Studebaker sells the axle kits.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

All the Studebaker vendors stock the mounts, not a NAPA item. The Fairborn Studebaker flanged axle kits come with installation instructions and it's about the only way to go.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54,758.75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,439.30
        63 Lark 2 door
        54 Starlight
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Found them at stude international thanks!

Comment

Kenny,
            Have you joined SDC? TURNING WHEELS magazine will provide access to everything you need.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Working...
            X