NOS Packard/Clipper/Hudson/Nash 320" V8 for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine: NOS Packard/Clipper/Hudson/Nash 320" V8 for sale

Starting with a NOS 1955 Packard 320" short block, all new STD bearings, STD bore chrome rings, new valves, lifters, reground rocker arms.

This a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to install an essentially factory fresh long block engine - $2995 wrapped and palleted F.O.B. shipper of your choice.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Jack, I'll hold out for the 374

But this does sound like a screaming deal!
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

JV,
      Does that motor have 55 or 56 heads? I once built a 320 for a guy, and used 56 heads and cam. It drove out very well, with excellent MPG.

Joe H

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
        JV,
        Does that motor have 55 or 56 heads? I once built a 320 for a guy, and used 56 heads and cam. It drove out very well, with excellent MPG.

Joe H
        This one will have what you and I refer to as '56 heads, but a '55 cam.

FWIW, the '56 heads were actually used on the '55 Clipper 320"s to give 8.5 compression before they were used on the '56 352" and 374" I've been told the '55 Hash versions used the '55 heads for 7.8 compression.

A 1955 article in HRM stated:

The present compression ratio of the Clipper and Packard engines is a conservative 8-1/2 to 1, while the Hudson and Nash engines have an even more conservative 7.8 to 1. If one chose to use the heads of the 320-cubic inch Packard engine on the 352-cubic inch engine, a compression ratio of 9-1/4 to 1 would be obtained. To obtain a compression ratio of 7.8 to 1 on the Hudson and Nash, the heads from the 352-cubic inch engine are used.
        Jack, I'll hold out for the 374". But this does sound like a screaming deal!
        I've got a 374" under construction which should be available in a few weeks. PM me when you're ready.

jack vines
        PackardV8

Comment

Working...
        X