"Clocking" Paxton Supercharger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: "Clocking" Paxton Supercharger

Can the front cover of a Paxton SN92 be "clocked", i .e rotated to a different position relative the the blower outlet, without removing the drive pulley? Have any of the members ever "clocked" a Paxton? Thanks.

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
    Can the front cover of a Paxton SN92 be "clocked", i .e rotated to a different position relative the the blower outlet, without removing the drive pulley? Have any of the members ever "clocked" a Paxton? Thanks.
    Depends on which blower. The stock Paxton does not have the extra threaded holes, the replacement, newer Paxton can be. Never tried with the pulley in place but it comes right off.
    JDP Maryland

Comment

Sure they can. Only the Avanti SN-6O is bolt specific. All others can be loosened and rotated . Just remove the outer bolts, don't mess with the inner allen bolts and the shim pack preload for the races. Sometimes the large "O" rings stick so you may wish to seperate the housings, and put a little grease on the O-rings. It would be a good time to clean the oil sump, and inspect the ball drive anyways.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        Sure they can. Only the Avanti SN-6O is bolt specific. All others can be loosened and rotated . Just remove the outer bolts, don't mess with the inner allen bolts and the shim pack preload for the races. Sometimes the large "O" rings stick so you may wish to seperate the housings, and put a little grease on the O-rings. It would be a good time to clean the oil sump, and inspect the ball drive anyways.
        Let me make sure I understand this. I do not have to remove the drive pulley to "clock" the front cover?

Comment

No, you don't. You can seperate the front from the back with the pulley still in place. You only need to remove the pulley if you are replacing the input shaft bearings, and or front seal.
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Thanks for the information. You saved me a trip to the parts store to rent a puller.

Comment

Last edited by GinettaG12P; 02-12-2015, 10:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
              X