Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Looking for emergency brake cable clip to bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brakes: Looking for emergency brake cable clip to bracket

Anyone have a couple of these e-brake cable clip to bracket. Part number 533290. Used on cars from 53 to 64 at least. SI says they don't have them. I find no discussion of them on the forum. Is there an interchange?

Click image for larger version

Name:	P2100008a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	1746288

I have this one that may be usable but after cleaning with Evapo-rust, it is pretty thin and brittle.
    Cliff
    sigpic
    54 Commander Coupe driver
    53 Commander Hardtop project
    SE Washington State

cliff, that looks like the clip that holds the rubber brake hose in the bracket on the frame, 2 front 1 rear.i'd go to a local junk yard. Doofus

Comment

They are not the same as the brake hose clip, they are smaller, they are thin to begin with, they are sort of concave. I would try Tom Karkiewicz
      62503 Mulberry Rd
      South Bend, IN 46614

574 287-5834

he has lots of little used parts like these.
      Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
      1961 Hawk 4-speed
      1967 Avanti
      1961 Lark 2 door
      1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Cliff when i built my 53 i used "E" clips from hardware store. groove dia.437,groove width.147. Good Luck, Doofus

Comment

I think you can buy as many new ones as you desire here:
          http://inlinetube.com/clips%20brake%...fuel/clips.htm

I think these are exactly what you need

http://inlinetube.com/clips%20brake%...fuel/PBK01.htm

Comment

Thanks for the great suggestions.

Fred, have you used the PBK-01 clip from inlinetube? It is hard to tell from the picture if it is close enough to the same size. I've got tomorrow afternoon off from work (getting a tooth pulled) so maybe I'll call them and order a few.

Cliff
            sigpic
            SE Washington State

Comment

Originally posted by cliffh View Post
              Thanks for the great suggestions.

Fred, have you used the PBK-01 clip from inlinetube? It is hard to tell from the picture if it is close enough to the same size. I've got tomorrow afternoon off from work (getting a tooth pulled) so maybe I'll call them and order a few.

Cliff
              I used to stock those very clips when I was in the garage business. I checked and still have two left which I will keep for my own use but they should work for you. I believe I used two of those on my 56 Champion which I just finished up lat winter.
              Nick

Comment

Thanks to karterfred88 and njonkman for the info. I didn't have anything else I needed to order from inlinetube but I noticed that the Right Stuff Detailing EDH1007 clip looked like the same clip as the ones at inlinetube and was available at Summit Racing, Jegs, etc. Since I was placing an order with Summit anyway, I ordered a few of them. I would like to report that they fit perfectly and seem to be more secure than the stock clips.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-ebh1007

Cliff
                sigpic
                SE Washington State

Comment

Working...
                X