Climatizer application?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool/Heat: Climatizer application?

What is the application of this 12 volt heater motor/climatizer ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	climate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	1746273Click image for larger version

Name:	climate1.jpg
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1746274Click image for larger version

Name:	climate2.jpg
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1746275
    Last edited by cstude1; 02-08-2015, 10:14 AM. Reason: voltage

this looks identical to the Climatizer in my `54 coupe, but just going from memory.

If it is identical, will probably fit most c/k bodies all the way up to the GT's when I think they changed, but without the parts books I can't be certain, I'm sure others will know. your's looks to be in great condition. cheers, junior
    Attached Files
    Last edited by junior; 02-08-2015, 10:23 AM.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

12-volt would be for '55 or later. It does fit inside the right front fender of cars with the vent intake in the fender but, whether that's a C/K or sedan fit might depend on the length of the bracket. I don't have the catalogs handy; maybe someone does.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

It would most likely be for a later Hawk or a GT Hawk up to but not including 63. The fact that it has two wires would most likely make it for after fifty eight, earlier versions used one wire, and had a resistor in the switch.
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Sorry, I totally neglected the fact that the OP said 12VOLT...I was more focused on the housing and mounting bracket. cheers, junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I can not find the assembly pictured in a parts book or shop manual If it for a 1958-1962 C K, I can not find a part number for it. It has CLIMATIZER stamped on the housing and 12V on the motor. It has a NOS type wire on it but the tag is missing.
            Chuck

Comment

You will find it in the BODY Parts Catalog in Accessories Section which is what it is.

When you say "the Tag is missing", does that mean a Studebaker Part Number Tag for a NOS unit?
              Yes it appears to be the long bracket type for a C or K probably a '62 with a two speed motor with 2 wires.

Does it appear NOS or re-painted?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It is NOS and sold. I still do not have a part number. Plate AC-3 item AC1-22 for 1959-1962 C-K does not look like it.

Comment

As Brad said since it is two wires it has to be GT hawk, my 61 still has one wire, I do not remember if they changed in 62 or 63
                  Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                  1961 Hawk 4-speed
                  1967 Avanti
                  1961 Lark 2 door
                  1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
                  X