1963 Avanti rear brake shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
    I always call Thibeault for Studebaker-Avanti parts, but you are, of course, selling PEP Boys/ Auto Zone /Advance Auto short as to what they stock, or can get overnight! (Been There-Done That!)
    Many mechanical parts are available through local suppliers...but they don't know it because Studebaker is rarely if ever listed in their computer databases. Some old-time parts houses may have held onto their old print catalogs which would list Studebaker and other older makes.

If if we do our due diligence and use our resources...both here, other online sources, etc., and learn interchanges so when we go to Pep Boys or any other local source, we give them the part number and get what we want rather than walk out empty handed and frustrated because their parts guy doesn't know beyond his computer's screen.

^Brad said it more succinctly than I...and was quicker to hit send!^
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
      Many mechanical parts are available through local suppliers...but they don't know it because Studebaker is rarely if ever listed in their computer databases. Some old-time parts houses may have held onto their old print catalogs which would list Studebaker and other older makes.

If if we do our due diligence and use our resources...both here, other online sources, etc., and learn interchanges so when we go to Pep Boys or any other local source, we give them the part number and get what we want rather than walk out empty handed and frustrated because their parts guy doesn't know beyond his computer's screen.

^Brad said it more succinctly than I...and was quicker to hit send!^

Comment

Skybolt....In my opinion, what you say makes perfect sense.

Comment

Working...
        X