Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

1950 Champion Land Cuiser NEWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1950 Champion Land Cuiser NEWS

Hello there guys.

GREAT NEWS.
    1. I have found a place in Weymouth, MA (Then & Now Automotive) that will not only sell the rebuild kits for my rare AC dual action fuel pump but also actually do the work. I overnighted it there yesterday. Approx cost is about $125.00

2. I also found a place in Greensburg, PA that will totally refurbish the fuel tank. Mine was not only caved in but very full of rust. I have seen there work and it is unbeliveable. (Moyer Fuel Tank Renu) Tank could be mistaken for a new one. Approx Cost is $300.00

NOW I NEED HELP IN FINDING THE CLIMATIZER CONTROL VALVE. IT IS NOT REBUILDABLE FROM WHAT I SEE. ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

CHARLIE

Try any of your Studebaker vendors for that heater control valve.

GARY H 2DR.SEDAN 48 STUDEBAKER CHAMPION NORTHEAST MD.

Comment

Gary, sent you an email about North East street festival car exhibition this Sat.

Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      58 C Cab
      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Charlie:

I have had 2 gas tanks done by other Gas Tank Renu franchisees and they both did an excellent job! They also give you a life time warantee against any further rust, etc.

Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        Dan White
        64 R1 GT
        64 R2 GT
        58 C Cab
        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Hood Ornament value?
          Hey guys. I'm new to this forum. My wife recently inherited a pair of 1950 Studebakers. One is a Landcruiser, the other is a Commander. I'm intending to use the Commander(which is in far worse condition) for spare parts to restore the Landcruiser. I'm going to end up with some "extra" parts, some of which I believe are somewhat rare. For instance, I have two, complete hood ornaments, with the glass "missile" intact. I have heard that those hood ornaments can be quite valuable. Any ideas on the market value, and where I might have success selling the extra one? I'd appreciate any other ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

Comment

I have found that if I have a spare part and keep it I will never need it, but if I get rid of it I will need it. Being a pack rat I tend to keep my spare parts. Might have something to do with Murphy's law.

Comment

Collecting 'spare' parts isn't an easy call; Champ is often right--the moment you part with a part, you'll need it. But if you take that logic to its conclusion, there wouldn't be many parts for sale to people who need them in the the here-and-now. I'm generally willing to sell parts to folks I'm sure will use them rather than hoard them.

I was offered a tremendous deal on a Chrysler Airflow several years ago, and I wanted to 'go for it', but airflow owners have a bad rep as parts hoarders and I didn't think I could rebuild the car in a reasonable amount of time/money, so I passed. I'm sure there are lots of generous airflow owners-- I just didn't hear of them.

51 Commander State Sedan
              Butler PA

Comment

I don't hoard everything, just parts I think I might need. Like the extra O.D. Relay, I was having trouble with mine and gave it a good cleaning and it is working fine, but when I got a chance to buy a spare I did.

Comment

Champ, I didn't mean to be critical of your parts strategy. I think we all have a 'stash' of stuff. I do some heavy-duty touring in my Stude, so I probably have a bigger stash of wearing parts (pumps, belts,etc) than average. It's the guys who have five spare door handles or three complete sets of dash knobs that I wonder about. These sorts of items are crucial to a good restoration, yet rarely 'wear out'. That's the sort of stuff the Airflow needed that I was told I'd never pry loose from another member...

51 Commander State Sedan
                  Worthington PA

51 Commander State Sedan
                  Butler PA

Comment

I suggest putting your hood ornament, and other spare parts, on eBay. The auction method will establish the fair market value.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X