Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Prescott
    replied
    Thanx a lot. In this winter wonder land we only get a max of six mo cruising time. I live 120 mi north of Toronto just south of the North Pole. Lol ( lots of laughs) next summer will be my third cruising season. I found a very good parts source in Fairborn OH Fairborn Studebaker owned by Phil Harris. Phone (937) 878-1576 Phil rebuilds almost everything. And of course I need a str box which he doesn't do, but he did give me a contact who does. Sourcing parts from the US freight costs are HIGH.

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Originally posted by John Prescott View Post
    By now you will have seen that I know nothing about computers. I probably either thanked everyone numerous times or not at all. If you didn't get thanked I'm thanking you now.
    John,
    You're doing fine. Glad you're here.
    You're asking good questions, and more importantly you're providing enough details to get good, accurate answers.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
    I do not believe that the parking lights on the 1959/60 Larks and "T" cab trucks were meant to be air intakes.
    It would short out the radiator airflow.
    Robert Kapteyn
    The right hand parking lamp intake was the source of air for the heater while the left was a fresh air intake for the drivers side controlled by the knob just to the right of the hood release. Champs (T cabs) did not have an inside hood release. Fresh air on 61 & on cars was obtained by the cowl inlet at the base of the hood making the cowl structure completely different & enabling the hood to be supported by torsion rods when opened.
    Last edited by Warren Webb; 12-09-2014, 08:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    For 1961 the air intake for the heater was on the cowl in front of the windshield. And yes, the '59s and '60s had the fresh air intakes below the parking lights, on the grille panel.

Leave a comment:

• John Prescott
    replied
    By now you will have seen that I know nothing about computers. I probably either thanked everyone numerous times or not at all. If you didn't get thanked I'm thanking you now.

Leave a comment:

• John Prescott
    replied
    Thanx a lot for your help

Leave a comment:

• John Prescott
    replied
    Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
    Well, I'm still waiting for my dec. issue but based on what your saying it appears that your describing the single headlamp, deluxe car. However, not all deluxe cars had single headlamps. Studebaker offered an option for the Regal headlamp system which gave it a 4 headlamp setup with the rectangular parking lamps.
    Thanx for your help

Leave a comment:

• John Prescott
    replied
    Thanx this sure helps

Leave a comment:

• rkapteyn
    replied
    I do not believe that the parking lights on the 1959/60 Larks and "T" cab trucks were meant to be air intakes.
    It would short out the radiator airflow.
    Robert Kapteyn

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    That's what I was thinking. All twin/dual per side 61's I have seen have the rectangular park light integrated into the bezel. The rest were single headlight per side with the smaller round parking light where the earlier 59/60 would have had the fresh air intakes.

Which having my first Studebaker a 1961 Station wagon, 33 years ago, makes me wonder where the fresh air intakes came from, if it had any at all, as I don't recall them.

Len

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    Well, I'm still waiting for my dec. issue but based on what your saying it appears that your describing the single headlamp, deluxe car. However, not all deluxe cars had single headlamps. Studebaker offered an option for the Regal headlamp system which gave it a 4 headlamp setup with the rectangular parking lamps.

Leave a comment:

• John Prescott
    started a topic Body / Glass: 1961 lark front parking lites

1961 lark front parking lites

In the dec /14 issue of turning wheels is a pic of a lark with round parking lites at the front. I can only find one pic with round lites (1961) all the rest have rectangular ones. Could this be the diff. between the deluxe and regal model?
    Picture is on page 28 top right.
Working...
X