WCFB Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture of 2214SA linkage on my 1955 President State Sedan

I took the pictures before and after a rebuild. I compared to the pictures you posted and they look the same to me.

Charlie D.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6753.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1693144Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6853.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1693145

Comment

WCFB 2214sa Photos

1234567890- cheers jimmijim
      Attached Files
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Yes, the side linkage looks Studebaker, and the bracket that supports the throttle dashpot looks correct also.

Comment

WCFB Tags...

I bought my WCFBs off of these pictures. I was very lucky that the owner was honest and the tags were still attached. During rebuilding, I found a shop that stamped replacement tags. I travel with the repops, while the originals are framed and hanging safely on my office wall.
          Good luck.
          Jed
          Attached Files
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks to all who weighed in on this issue of mine. SN-60, I was hoping you would view my pictures and you did. You alerted me to the distinguishing Studebaker throttle side lever arms and linkage which enabled me to get the pictures needed for verification. I can consider buying this WCFB now with confidence that it is a Studebaker carburetor. Thanks again to all.

Comment

Point of interest... Way back in the early '80's I had a 1961 WCFB off of a 259 Lark kicking around in my garage and decided I needed a 4bbl to put on my '79 Ford van with 351Windsor engine and 2bbl carb. I used a 4-2 adaptor and a wide to narrow base adaptor on top of that and then made up a tube to rig up the choke with. No other major mods made, even to the throttle linkage. What a sweet setup. My gas mileage went from 16 to 21 mpg (imperial gallon) and it went like the proverbial bat-out-of-hell! Excellent carburator.

When I sold the van I kept the setup but now the only things I can find are all the adaptors and gaskets I had to use to make it work. No clue where the carb went. Oh well...

Comment

Working...
              X