X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bezhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    A Super Cool, simple and inexpensive setup!

I see this guy has another one that is used when you have no Idler Pulley to adjust the Belt tension, as well as this one that uses all of your existing bracketry.

Has anyone tried fitting one or the other of these to a Studebaker?
    Since they are designed for a Ford/York I have to wonder if the Studebaker pulleys would have the same setback as a Ford to line up the belt.
    The one I used lined up perfectly. However it was on a non stock conversion already where someone added air to an R2 on the drivers side, and moved the power steering reservoir. All things being the same, if it lines up with even a modified bracket, it should on a stock setup too. The pulley spacing is a fixed thing and doesn't change because of the bracket.Click image for larger version

Name:	R4 engine 5 copy.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	1693101

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    I don't think so. This is a Famous, well known, Vintage Air Unit, not made for Summit except they are one of the sellers.

So it is no surprise that they have Studebaker Kits, one of them was designed for the Owner of Vintage Air's '53 C or K that ran at Bonneville at 200 MPH with the Air ON.
    Correct Rich,
    I shoulda said designed for V.A. by one of our recognized gurus (Ebon Jones is the name I heard). The V.A. guy's Stude had a 500 CID brand x motor, last time I saw it. So I doubt it is same as he put in his.

I have no clue as to who designed it, just the above rumor. Regardless, it is, hands down the most complete, best fitting kit I have ever seen for a Stude 259/289. I especially like the belt design, that runs on idlers, instead of placing needless side load on the water pump. Not to mention, no belt squeak, as is often the case with the dual water pump pulley.

The kit is available for Studes with & without PS, and very reasonably priced.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
    This is the one I installed on the 62GT a couple of years ago. As good as it gets, as far as I am concerned. Everything, including a double groove pulley was included, and it fit perfectly. I heard it was designed for Summit by a guy in Texas who was a Studebaker AC guru from way back. Can't recall his name right now, but I had heard it before. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-151593-ssa
    I don't think so. This is a Famous, well known, Vintage Air Unit, not made for Summit except they are one of the sellers.

So it is no surprise that they have Studebaker Kits, one of them was designed for the Owner of Vintage Air's '53 C or K that ran at Bonneville at 200 MPH with the Air ON.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    FYI, there is a York to Sanden adapter bracket already in existence. Has been for some time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YORK-209-or-...aff7db&vxp=mtr
    A Super Cool, simple and inexpensive setup!

I see this guy has another one that is used when you have no Idler Pulley to adjust the Belt tension, as well as this one that uses all of your existing bracketry.

Has anyone tried fitting one or the other of these to a Studebaker?
    Since they are designed for a Ford/York I have to wonder if the Studebaker pulleys would have the same setback as a Ford to line up the belt.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 12-04-2014, 09:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    This is the one I installed on the 62GT a couple of years ago. As good as it gets, as far as I am concerned. Everything, including a double groove pulley was included, and it fit perfectly. I heard it was designed for Summit by a guy in Texas who was a Studebaker AC guru from way back. Can't recall his name right now, but I had heard it before. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-151593-ssa

Leave a comment:

• bezhawk
    replied
    FYI, there is a York to Sanden adapter bracket already in existence. Has been for some time.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YORK-209-or-...aff7db&vxp=mtr

Leave a comment:

• KOOL R2
    replied
    The "new" a/c bracket will not work on a GT hawk as the alternator mounting is not the same as on an R series engine.

Ron Rogers has made up a prototype a/c bracket kit that will work on a normally aspirated Studebaker V8 including a Hawk. As a matter of fact this prototype is on my 1964 Champ Truck. It too uses the Sanden 508 Compressor. See the thumbnails attached. These brackets will not be available until the Spring. Cost will have to be determined by Ron later.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• swvalcon
    replied
    If they fit on the Avanti wouldn't they also fit on the Gt hawks?

Leave a comment:

• KOOL R2
    replied
    The brackets , similar to those mentioned in Avanti Magazine No. 105 , bolt on to the driver side top water manifold bolt. The "block off" plate is removed in the valley and the brackets new block off plate bolts there, then the support legs bolt to the holes in the water manifold.

Peter

Leave a comment:

• 63r2
    replied
    Thanks for the info.
    Where do the brackets bolt on too?
    pb

Leave a comment:

• KOOL R2
    started a topic Cool/Heat: Air Conditioning an Avanti R2

Air Conditioning an Avanti R2

Some years ago I installed air conditioning in my R2 Avanti. I used a Harrison DA 6 Compressor and my friend Ron Rogers made up a bracket so that it fit and looks good. Ron has sold many of these brackets but he has been getting a few inquiries about using a Sanden 508 compressor. Ron has made up a few of these in Stainless Steel with the face surface polished as befitting for an Avanti. I have enclose a picture of the new brackets. If anybody is interested in buying one of these you can contact Ron at rogersprotofab@xplornet.com

Peter Sant
    Attached Files
Working...
X