No announcement yet.

This forum is such a great resource!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel System: This forum is such a great resource!

Thank you to all who take their time to provide the technical advice/experience found on this forum.

Today the fuel gauge in my wagon registered "FULL" for the first time in the six years that I've owned it. I removed the gas tank a week or so ago to take care of a leak that occurred at the fuel pick-up tube after inadvertently backing over a spare tire that I had placed under the car and had forgotten about (but that's another story). I decided that I might as well sort out the fuel sender and gauge while it was out. Long story short, the sender wasn't getting a good ground. I've read that advice so many times on this forum and without it, I know I would have bought a new gauge and sender and been frustrated when the gauge still read "EMPTY" after installation.

My next step is to swap out the old cork float on the sender with a modern float before reinstalling, and that info is just a click away.

Thanks again!
    Chad

Chad,
    In the technical tips section of the International website there is a How To for this.

http://www.gudim.com/ReplacingCorkFloats.html

I did this on my '50 Commander and it worked great!
    Ed Sallia
    Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
    X