Residual valve removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
    Hawks had the hydrovac remote power booster and the master cylinder under the floor with the rpv.
    Not when equipped with factory disc brakes. Some might read this & come to an incorrect conclusion. This is why it should be clear on when the RPV is required & when it is NOT.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
      /Cut/Hawks had the hydrovac remote power booster and the master cylinder under the floor with the rpv.
      Disc conversions with firewall master cylinders do not require a rpv, even if it was regular brakes to begin with.
      I can't believe that ever since way back at Post #6 this has been clearly explained and also Quoted in Posts: 7, 11, and 12 BUT it is still misunderstood!

Quote: "If it is a Disc. Brake '63-'64 GT Hawk with the under the floor stock, single M/C it has NO Residual Valve or rubber seat and needs to stay that way"

Here is another incorrect Statement, from Post#3:

That pictoral on my site is for a Turner Dual Master for a GT Hawk with disk brakes. The Factory Disk brake (single circuit) master cylinder had NO RPV (residual Pressure Valve) at all, but the rear brakes were not like yours. Larks have self energizing brakes, Hawks did not.

I am sure Bob Johnstone knows better, but this just came out wrong somehow.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 12-01-2014, 03:21 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
      X