Avanti windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    Is this a fact? The 1990 still had the asymmetrical "gunsight" bulge on the hood.
    I am not saying that you are incorrect because I do not know and I am trying to learn. It seems odd to me that they would change the windshield.
    Which "style" was used for the 1991 convertibles?
    The windshield for a four door Avanti is different , and I believe that would be a fact. As for a 1991 convertible I do not know what windshield would work.
    The original post identified that there was something amiss with the windshield he had, and I believe he has also identified it as being a four door windshield as well. Hope this helps you.

Bob Caser
    mrbobinc

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Caser View Post
      The windshield for a four door Avanti is different , and I believe that would be a fact. As for a 1991 convertible I do not know what windshield would work.
      The original post identified that there was something amiss with the windshield he had, and I believe he has also identified it as being a four door windshield as well. Hope this helps you.

Bob Caser
      Thank you for the reply. There are always things to learn.
      I assumed that the OP assumed that it was a 1990 Avanti windshield based on what you posted (too much assumption).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

The OP, me, is basing the identification of the incorrect windshield as a 4-door windshield from post 4. After doing a bit more research it seems that the convertible windshield MAY ALSO be different than the 2-door post cars. I have had a chance to snap a couple of pics of the silicone job done on my car and must say I am lucky the glass guy got the rear window out without breaking it... The picture, if it loads, is the front. The shop has already cleaned the back area.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X