Avanti Window Regulator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Avanti Window Regulator

This article by Bill Henderson may be of help to you.

http://www.studebaker-info.org/Tech/...dowrep0313.pdf
    Bob Langer
    Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Thanks Bob, but that is where I got the picture to compare with what is currently in the car. That is why I say that the sector gear is out of position.

Comment

My car is in a state of reassembly. Oddly enough, recently my window regulator was up... without the glass in it. Can't remember how the glass was removed, other than by force, but the regulator had to come out for maintenance and it was just a matter of unbolting things. That coiled spring on the regulator is not a threat, it gets tighter as the window goes down. The large window can come out with the regulator up by forcing the window frame pins out of the rollers, then pushing the rollers clear to keep them out of the way. The vent window assembly has to be loosened and pushed forward to remove the larger glass. Once the vent top gets moved forward, the large window comes right out riding on the rear door channel. The installation & adjustments to the vent assembly aren't difficult.
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

You can also move the Avanti windows up or down by reaching in to the rubber motor coupler and rotating it with your finger in the appropriate direction. Takes a bit of time but electrical power is not necessary.

Comment

The weather was finally cooperating. I got everything apart without an issue. The problem was that the quadrant gear rotated past the motor drive gear. It is back together now, but will not raise up the last few inches. I am searching for the solution at this time.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

The track may be kinked or pinched...it only takes a very slight kink to cause problems like that.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Working...
              X