Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tragedy hits 289

My motor was all set to leave the machine shop after the
    intake manifolds were retightened, tragedy struck when the machinist put oil in the motor to prelube it and found oil on the ground
    It seems the pan some how got three holes in it.where did they come from as I let the oil out of the motor at his shop when I delivered itHow did this happen? When we cleaned the slug out of your motor maybe it was there all along...right! I need another oil pan now, I wonder are they expensive?[V]

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

I would think, if you get it very clean and degreased, small pin holes from water sitting for years in the bottom, would be easy to weld up![:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I had the same problem , I brazed the hole that were easy to see,checked it with water,dried it and put a heavy coat of glypol paint by sloshing it around let it dry in the sun.

1959 HARDTOP R2 clone
      1960 conv
      SDC member since 1972
      1959 HARDTOP R2 4speed
      1960 conv R2 auto
      SDC member since 1972
      http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff21/59r2/DSC01514-3.jpg

Comment

"Manifolds"
        Just how many intake manifolds you got on that thing??

Yea....just cut out the bad/thin portions and weld in a patch.
        No one but you and ALL of us that read this will ever know!

Mike

Comment

Must be National Oil Pan month. I've had 3 requests for them in a week.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

In my old chevy, I used to get pin holes in the pan all the time.I would take a screw and put it in the hole. I have had my chevy vega pan brazed from the inside as well, It just doesen't seem like a big deal to me, he wants a new pan. He said that he thinks while they where scraping the pan of sluge it could have happened.Then maybe he should find a pan. I will not be unreasonable, if he removes the pan I will take it to my radiator man and have it brazed, no new pan! Oh I have two manifolds...Exhast manifold I have to loosen it when I installed the PS pump.

Studebakers forever!
            Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
            X