Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

U channel 1964 Commander wont stay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: U channel 1964 Commander wont stay

Does the u channel need to be glued in or is it just pressed in. I bought some at SI and installed it and they go up and down with the window.

Thanks
    marty

I always glue mine in using a black weatherstrip adhesive such as 3M 08008. Apply glue to the back side, don't get carried away, not too much is needed & you should be good to go. I also spray in the channel (not the glue area) after it is all assembled with silicone spray. It makes the window glide up & down that much easier.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

There should also be a clip at either end that should keep it from shifting. Part # 271475. Available.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        There should also be a clip at either end that should keep it from shifting. Part # 271475. Available.
        These clips are not used on '63 and later Lark types.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
          These clips are not used on '63 and later Lark types.
          Thanks for mentioning that - I was about to go looking

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
          X