PS pump special bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS pump special bolts

I have some shoulder bolts for my PS pump bracket can someone tell me which one goes on top and which goes on bottom? I do want to put that on the engine while it's out. No fan or carb.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

If you look close you can see the special bolts.I think I have the bolts in the wrong place.

Studebakers forever!
    Studebakers forever!

Comment

Here's the picture of my '64 289 with the bolts still in place. As mentioned, washers are used to shim for alignment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

You have them correct...fat one on top, long one on the bottom. Hope this helps.

Dan Miller
        Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

The pump itself has two brackets on it. I just pulled it from the boxthere are four bolts that need to gotten they hold the brackets on the pump. I think I should have insatlled those bolts befor putting the pulley on the pump because they don't look like they can be install any other way. I wonder what those bolts look like?[:0] The book says they are 5/16 18x/7/8, 5/16 24x 5/8

Studebakers forever!
          Studebakers forever!

Comment

I got the pump on and the engine is almost complete.I found that the pump needed the bolts installed with the pulley off so I had to dismantle the pump and put the brackets onthen put the pulley back on, 90% complete looking for spark plugs now to use with the petronix ignition system.anyone know the spark plug number?

Studebakers forever!
            Studebakers forever!

Comment

Working...
            X