Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Tire size and wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: Tire size and wheels

I am thinking of putting 15 x 6" American Racing tork thrust wheels on my 66 DaytonaI was also thinking of installing 225/70R 15 black wall tires on these wheels which have 3.75 " backspace. ,or should I be thinking of a smaller tire size.Any comments

I'm running 225/70R 15 Sumitomo white walls on Magnum 500 rims on my Avanti and they seem to clear fine. Not sure of the backspace on the Magnums but no clearance issues on an Avanti so should work on a Lark.

Comment

225/70 R15 tires will rub on the front fenders when turning on some Larks.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Why not use the correct size P205X75R15 tires at least on the front. If you like FAT you can use P215X70R15 all around, larger tires are not a good fit on the Front. The Max. 6 Inch wheels, should work fine, larger than that is also a problem.

After all, this IS a Lark Type with less fender clearance than Hawk or Avanti, those comparisons do not help.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
        X