Body Lift Points & Body Cradle for Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body Lift Points & Body Cradle for Avanti

Realize that this is a bad week to ask questions, however I start on restoration of #2295 next week. Does anyone here have pictures/descriptions of the best body lift points(Strapping) for an Avanti body and the dimensions/drawings for a roll around body cradle?

Wow! Good question. Avanti Motors (now in Mexico) might have some of
    what you are looking for. I would guess that JDP would know also.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

To make your self a body dolly, you can take the body hold down measurements from the dimensioned frame drawing in the shop manual.

R2Andy
      R2Andrea

Comment

Thanks R2Andy, seems the best solutions are the easiest and typically they lie right under our noses.

Comment

You can jack the body off the frame, while it's sitting on the ground, but it's easier to do when it's up in the air about a foot.
          Once it's clear of the frame and you can see above the trans tunnel, you can run 4X4's under the front and rear door jamb. From then on, it's your option to hoist the body with the 4X's or jack it up under the 4X4's and let it sit on pylons. (my experience)

I've also seen owners who have run hoist straps thru the windows and lifted it by the roof. Not my choice, but it worked without problems.

I've seen photos of four guys lifting a bare body off and placing it on a dolly. The body without glass, weighs less than 600# (I am told)
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Working...
          X