Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHOW
    Thanks to all, for the help.
    Will get in touch with the guys in Cambellford
    Txs
    Oldguy

Comment

PS - There is a tube that goes through the middle of the bushings. I'll try to find if I wrote down the ID, OD and length.

Comment

Might also try Vern Edigar in Halstead, Ks.. He has always had many trucks and parts. He would probably have everything you need.
        316-215-1166

Comment

Hey over50
          Do you know what the stude number is for those brackets you show in your pics and are they for a truck or car?
          I found # 684470, but since I do not have a parts book, I have no idea what they look like or what they are from.
          could you or anyone help?
          Thxs
          oldguy51

Comment

The 470 is for a 13,28 or 40. The numbers I have are 1692174-Right and 1692175-Left. There might be some earlier numbers but I don't have a early parts catalog.

Comment

I found the 470.... info in my parts cat 1949-1956 (just got book in mail) as you say. But they do not look like the "over50" pics above.
              The numbers you quote were/are stamped on the frame mounts welded to the frame shown in the picture above, correct?

Another guy tells me that # 680339 will work, again they do not look like "over50"'s pics
              What I am trying to get is the year of truck and parts# for those show in "over50's pics. so I can chase them down.

Comment

The 174-175 are brackets that bolt to the block. The 470's are on the larger trucks, 9,000lbs. 16,000lbs and 19,500lbs.The parts book has poor pics. that look like car mounts and call everything by 101-6.

Comment

Over50
                  Do you have the part numbers for those brackets you are showing? I just got a 49 to 56 truck parts book and the part it says to use is 680339 or 684470 for the truck range 49 to 56.
                  I found this bracket in the Studebaker international cat Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-stude bracket 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	1691366

Comment

David, I returned Your email.
                    Originally posted by oldguy51 View Post
                    Hi guys,
                    What I have is a 1951 2R5 which had the original 6 banger replaced with a 63 or 64- 289 cruiser engine, I was told.
                    As can be seen in the attached, the motor mounts are beat. They look like homemade bolt on items.
                    Can anyone provide information on the correct mount(s) to use ?
                    Thxs
                    Oldguy51

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35697[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35698[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35699[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35700[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35701[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]35702[/ATTACH]
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

I looked at may parts books (on CD from SI). The brackets are the general 0101-6 item which has several part numbers depending on model and year. I couldn't figure out what part numbers to tell you to look for but I don't think you will find these brackets by part number. I got mine off the Studebaker Parts Swap website from a used listing. Probably just lucked out. I knew I was looking for the brackets for a V-8 in the first few years that they installed V-8s in the pickups. I think it was 53 but someone else will know for sure. I had seen what I recall was a 53 with a stock V-8 and automatic so I knew what I was looking for. I'm pretty sure that the brackets didn't have part numbers stamped on them. You might have better luck posting on the Studebaker Truck Talk forum for these brackets. It is listed under Other Forums on the SDC links page.

Good Luck
                      Norm

Comment

Down that road, no luck so far
                        Thxs

Comment

Originally posted by over50 View Post
                          /Cut/I think it was 53 but someone else will know for sure. I had seen what I recall was a 53 with a stock V-8 and automatic so I knew what I was looking for./Cut/Norm
                          The 1955 1/2 and 3/4 Ton Trucks, were the first year for V8's in Light Duty Stude. Trucks.
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I was able to check and what I looked at was a 55. See if Fairborn Studebaker can give you a lead. StudeRich also should have suggestions on who to contact.

Norm

Comment

Working...
                            X