Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Body on rotisserie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Body on rotisserie

First time the body has seen daylight in over 20 years. Now to finish it up and get it back on the chassis. Not much rust, floors are solid except for a few spots. The reinforcement channels underneath and rockers are solid and with the door openings braced the body didn't flex at all. Special thanks to Skip Lackie for the rotisserie, without it I'm afraid the body would be less then safe to work on.

Nice, and good luck on your progress..

Did Skip Lackie work for McDonnell Douglas Aircraft?

That rotisserie look like it could be used to build a DC-8. That is awesome..

Comment

I do like the way that Rotisserie is built. I've got one that I use that belongs to a friend of mine. It's everything you dont want in a rotisserie but gets the job done. Been looking at ways to build one with wheels so it can be moved outside the shop and maybe even towed like a trailer.

Comment

I called the company who made the rotisserie to get some info and according to them it will hold 4000 pounds and is meant to roll right up on a car trailer. The front has steering too which is just awesome. It rolls real nice with those big rubber tires.

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
          Nice, and good luck on your progress..

Did Skip Lackie work for McDonnell Douglas Aircraft?

That rotisserie look like it could be used to build a DC-8. That is awesome..
          I got it about 15 years ago from an acquaintance who had used it (once) to restore a 1960s Ferrari. Obviously, money was no object. I bought the rotisserie to restore my 54 model 3R6 pickup, but never even assembled it -- Rich went home with a pickup full of parts, and I think we were both worried that something important might be missing. Instead of taking the time to assemble the rotisserie, I ended up sandblasting the underside of my truck by lying on my back on the driveway. (I'm in no danger of ever being accused of being a mental giant.)
          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
          X