No announcement yet.

Stuck Engine 63 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the encouragement Kim, I saw the fabric.. just not the right color. My car was originally Rosemist with the chestnut interior... After stripping through the three coats of paint that are on it.. have decided to put it back to Rosemist. Have run into a few challenges with the titlework. Everything is at a standstill until this is fixed.. So...keeping fingers crossed here. I went and looked at a 64 Lark today as a backup in case the title issue cant be resolved. I don't particularly like the way it felt.. I guess ol Lucy wormed her way under my skin..must be the wayward puppy/kitten/studey syndrome.

Comment

Whats the problem with the title?

Tom
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I bought the car from a lien sale with a supposed clean california title... the paperwork does not match the vin on the car... I'm workign with dmv to figure out what to do.

Comment

Bob; is there any sign that the electric welds on the Serial # plate are not original? There should be at least 2 or more on the perimeter. Plate torn etc.? Not welded in the masked, bare square on the forward drivers' door post? These would be signs of funny business going on, with the body being re-serialized. There is supposed to be a duplicate serial on the lower flange of the rearmost frame crossmember that the Calif. CHP is aware of, and can be verified.
          Rich.

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Doesnt really fit the bill of a popular car for some underhanded VIN
            switching. We arent talking about a Ferrari here. Very odd! You
            should be able to do a paperless title change, as long as there is no
            history of the actual VIN being stolen. From your pictures, I dont
            think there will be a dispute, though I would make sure everything is
            taken care of before you sink the BIG money into it! Restoring a car
            is hard enough, restoring it for someone else, with your money - sucks!

Tom
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

SUCCESS!!!! at 8pm tonight.. the little engine sputtered back to life!! Now for the rest of the car! The title issue has been resolved. Thanks for all the encouragement! New pics will be posted in short order.

Comment

Glad to hear it, and that we here on the forum were (hopefully) able to help...

StudeDave [8D]
                V/P San Diego County SDC
                San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr 'Ruby'
                '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
                '57 Commander 2dr 'Baby'
                '57 Champion 2dr 'Jewel'
                '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
                '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver