Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Spare wheel color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels: Spare wheel color

I found a nice set of Chrysler 15" wheels at a pick and pull. I am getting ready to sand blast and paint them, but one question. Did Studebaker paint their spare wheels the same color as those on the car or were they just black? Mine never had a spare from the PO.

Thanks
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

'Same color as the car's wheels, Dan. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It seems the wheels and bumpers on my 64 Champ were originally white (Parchment white?) but somewhere along the way were repainted black. I have the Champ monograph from the Stude museum and it lists the colors offered each year. Question one: Where can I find the "pigment codes" so I can get these colors matched, and two, did Studebaker ever chrome Champ bumpers?
      Mike Davis
      Regional Manager, North Carolina
      1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Don't sand blast them or they'll be pitted. Use a blasting media made for not pitting surfaces.
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!
          Dan White
          64 R1 GT
          64 R2 GT
          58 C Cab
          57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Working...
          X