No brake light on R side 61 Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: No brake light on R side 61 Hawk

What color is the wire that feeds the right side from the left ?
    1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
    Lewisville,NC

FRom the diagram below it looks like green.
    https://www.studebakerparts.com/stud...61-v8-wire.jpg
    The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Comment

Yes, the green feeds the right brake and turn signal and receives its power from the turn signal switch. Most of the time, if there is a problem with only one brake light and the problem isn't a ground, the issue is in the signal switch.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
        Yes, the green feeds the right brake and turn signal and receives its power from the turn signal switch. Most of the time, if there is a problem with only one brake light and the problem isn't a ground, the issue is in the signal switch.
        Thanks !......... You are correct. Checked it out and signal is indeed the problem !
        1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
        Lewisville,NC

Comment

My GT Hawk has had the same issue, I believe the problem may have something to do with the repro plastic cancelling part. I have replaced my TS switch and tried two different cancelling levers but they both did the same thing-intermittent brake light on one side. I heated one up and reformed it slightly, worked great for a while until the plastic relaxed back to its original form. It's only off by a few thousandths but it's enough to cause a brake light to not work if the lever is not exactly centered.

Comment

Working...
          X