Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

Roof - same for 56 2 door sedan vs 62 Lark 2 door sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: Roof - same for 56 2 door sedan vs 62 Lark 2 door sedan?

Question: Roof - Is it the same for 56 2 door sedan and a 62 Lark 2 door sedan?

I am about to get my son to practice his cutting and welding skills by removing a 56 roof and putting it on a 62 if they are the same. (62 was nice car but roof was severely damaged.)

If it is the same, Harley, and you're out there, you'd better get out to see the 56 before the big cut!

I'm almost positive that the '56 roof is much more rounded than the Lark roof.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Jerry's right - the roofs had some of the crown removed in (I think) 1958.
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I think your going to find the roof is quite different. As mentioned, the '56 has much more "crown" & height (above the drip rail) than the '58 & later cars. take a lot of measurements before cutting those cars up.

Comment

Thank you all. I'll do some closer measurements before hacking away. Paul

Comment

Working...
          X