Announcement

Collapse

Get more Tips, Specs and Technical Data!

Did you know... this Forum is a service of the Studebaker Drivers Club? For more technical tips, specifications, history and tech data, visit the Tech Tips page at the SDC Homepage: www.studebakerdriversclub.com/tips.asp
See more
See less

59 box on 54 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body: 59 box on 54 frame

what modifications do I need to do to put a box from a 59 on to 54 pick up. I know there is about a 2.5 inch difference n the two.

The '59 box will physically bolt on the '54 frame. The rear track and the wheels will seem too far inside.

I put a '56 rear axle under a '55 box and it cleared the fenders on the outside. I've not specifically confirmed the '55 wheels will clear the '59 box on the inside, but probably they will.

jack vies
    PackardV8

Comment

I think you would need to modify your design concept. Would it look appropriate?
      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

As for the looks as far as I tell the only difference in the 2 boxes is the 48 inches on the 54 to the 51 inches on the 59 so the looks are the same. The problem is the 51 inches comes close to the tires. I really do not to put a small well in the box to insure the tires do not rub. I was hoping someone has a better idea.

Comment

Try a different off set on you rear wheels or use a spacer.

Comment

Working...
          X